After all the fun, irreverent teasers, the final trailer for Deadpool 2 sells the movie we’re all dying to see.
Of course, the official “synopsis” for the film was created purely for the laughs – and if you haven’t read it yet, you should, so here it is: “After surviving a near-fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.” LMAO, amirite?
Yeah, this Deadpool sequel is going to be more of the same, and that’s just fine by me, so long as the story still progresses in a way that makes sense. Judging from this trailer, it looks like it does indeed do that. Here are five things that are getting me pumped to see Deadpool 2:
1. I’m still entirely sure if Josh Brolin as Cable is a bad guy or not. In this final trailer, he does indeed seem like he is at odds with Wade/Deadpool, as Cable is trying to (possibly?) kill a kid, who Deadpool thinks needs protecting. “Pump the hate brakes, Thanos,” quips Deadpool to the camera (you know, because Brolin is also playing the big baddie in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War movie). BUT, and I’m just spit-balling here, the kid might be a mutant who has dangerous powers that could come back to bite Deadpool in the ass. Or not. We’ll see.
2. Wade realizes he can’t beat Cable on his own, so he’s going to form his own “super duper fucking group,” to which T.J. Miller’s Weasel replies, “It’s time to get back on LinkedIn.” Brilliant. For all of Miller’s current personal woes and allegations leveled at him, he still looks hilarious in this, sparring with Ryan Reynolds.
3. You just know the whole sequence to find said group of mutants, with their own powers, is going to be a highlight – and frankly is the main point in this final trailer. I’m predicting Zazie Beetz, from Atlanta fame, is going to nearly steal the show as Domino, whose power is that she’s lucky – and can kick some serious butt.
4. This line from Cable: “You’re no fucking hero. You’re just a clown, dressed up as a sex toy.” And Deadpool’s response: “So dark, you sure you’re not from the DC Universe?” Actually, pretty much all the interactions between Cable and Deadpool in this trailer is spectacular.
5. Finally, ALL. THAT. ACTION. Gotta love these movies to keep us on the edge of our seats.
BONUS: Make sure to watch the trailer to the very end. Deadpool 2 hits theaters everywhere on May 18.